Sunday, April 7, 2019

Reflection time

Hey Blog. So this time I am going to be going back and reflecting upon the magazine issue that I have completed.

Throughout the process and journey of creating the magazine I often had struggles, along with highs and lows. When I first began this process doing a travel magazine wasn't what I had planned. Originally, I was planning on making a teenager targeted magazine about real life in high school, as shown through a high schoolers POV. However, I scrapped this idea as I felt like I had a lack of things to write about that were genuinely interesting. I moved on and decided upon a travel magazine, as I had traveled to many places both in this country, and around the world. I had kept records of restaurants, and took lots of photos of multiple places. I wanted to have my target audience be younger, backpackers but struggled to find an accurate tittle to convey that theme. I was between a number of ones before I chose 'Vagabond' as that word means someone who travels from place to place without a home. To be completely honest, my biggest issue with this project was just procrastination. I procrastinated the most on actually starting the magazine and "putting pen to paper". Once I was finally able to get over this, great things truly did begin to happen. When I began to create my cover, I created it using one of the canva presets available. They had a lot of great options and I was stuck between a few. Once I decided upon one, I was constantly changing and moving things around on the cover. Sometimes, canva would undo the things I did, which made it particularly annoying. But in the end, it all worked itself out. I always knew the image I wanted to use for my cover image, as when I took the image I was truly cultivated by the beauty and I wanted readers to get that same feeling. When it came to my table of contents, this is where I feel like my work is the best. I came up with the idea to call it "road map" to stick to the travel theme. Although I did not write articles for all the things on the table of contents, I still was able to come up with clever titles, a brief description, and a picture. Titles such as "Miami Spice" and "Rocky Mountain High" were all over the page, in a neat order that was easy to follow. When I started the two page spread, my biggest issue was layout. Since you cannot put things on canva side by side, it made things particularly difficult. However, I was eventually able to find one that made it easy for the reader to follow. The BIGGEST ISSUE I had the entire project was with the two page spread. Everytime I finished it, I would go to download it. After that, I found canva would change the size of text and move things around which was super annoying. As a result, I had to shrink, move, and delete things all over the two page spread. When I started the project, I knew I wanted to write more than just one article, and that is just what I did. This article was about New York, as during the whole process of the project I was lucky enough to take a trip there. This allowed for a researched trip. Overall, I'm really happy with the way my magazine turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The final product.

Hey blog, this is the finished product of my magazine. After months of hardworking I'm very happy with the results and hope I get a g...